Breaking News

.

Mar 23, 2020

CoronaVirus : Tokyo 2020 Olympics postponed until 2021
 
  
   The 2020 Olympic Games will be postponed by one year because of coronavirus, says International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound.
It comes after the chairman of the British Olympic Association said Great Britain would be unlikely to send a team to Tokyo this summer.
Australia and Canada have already said they will not compete in Japan.
"On the basis of the information the IOC has, postponement has been decided," Pound told USA today.
"The parametres going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on 24 July, that much I know."
Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend Dies at 51


Jennifer Lopez’s ex-boyfriend David Cruz has died.
Cruz, whom J.Lo dated for 10 years, died Saturday of heart disease, the New York City Office of Chief Medical Examiner confirmed to PEOPLE. He was 51.
Lopez and Cruz got together in high school when she was just 15 and dated through the mid-1990s, just before her starring role in Selena.
Idris Elba's Wife Sabrina Tests Positive To Coronavirus



   Idris Elba’s wife Sabrina Dhowre Elba has tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
The couple gave fans an update on their health while sitting down remotely with Oprah Winfrey for the first episode of her new series “Oprah Talks COVID-19,”
Elba, 47, previously revealed that his wife — who is in quarantine in New Mexico with him — had been tested for the virus on Tuesday, one day after he revealed his own results.
Asked by Winfrey in the episode whether she had gotten her results yet, Dhowre, 30, revealed that she “found out this morning.”
“I tested positive,” she said, noting that she wasn’t “surprised” by the news.
1st CoronaVirus Death Recorded in Nigeria

 A former Managing Director of Pipelines and Products Marketing Company, a subsidiary of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Suleiman Achimugu, has died of Coronavirus.

Achimugu, who returned to Nigeria from the United Kingdom two weeks ago, started showing symptoms of the virus last Tuesday, according to findings by SaharaReporters.He eventually died around 2:00am on Monday after coughing severely for most part of Sunday.
A family source told SaharaReporters that officials of the Nigerian Centre for Disease Control were informed of his situation and even took his blood sample for testing but they never got back to his family until he died overnight.
Video: 2Baba and Annie Idibia Celebrate 7th Wedding Anniversary


It's 7 years already!

     2Baba and Annie Idibia are celebrating their 7th wedding anniversary with a dance video. Check it out below
Former Vice President Atiku's son tests Positive To CoronaVirus

The vice president revealed the sad news on his Twitter page. The boy has reportedly been moved to Gwagwalada specialist hospital.

Mar 22, 2020

 Nollywood Actor, Gbenga Ajumoko is Dead

Veteran Yoruba filmmaker and actor, Gbenga Ajumoko is dead.
According to Daily Independent, the actor allegedly died after battling with a chronic ailment.
This is coming weeks after Veteran Nollywood actor, Kayode Odumosu, popularly known as Pa Kasumu died.
Gbenga Ajumoko was reported to be critically down with a chronic ailment since 2019.
For over 6 months, the Ijebu, Ogun State-born actor was hospitalized at a hospital in Sagamu Remo where he was diagnosed with Diabetes and Hypertension which got his 2 kidneys affected.
He solely treated the ailments quietly until things got worsen for him and he was transferred to a private hospital located at Ibadan Garage, Ijebu Ode, Ogun State.
It was gathered that one of the injections he took per day cost him nothing less than #20,000, and he had no capacity to further fund the bill.
Last year, he begged Nigerians, the government and his colleagues to rescue him as he needed millions of Naira to recover.
PMNews
Rihanna's Foundation Donates $5 Million to Aid Global Coronavirus Response
   
 Rihanna‘s Clara Lionel Foundation has given $5 million to aid coronavirus prevention, preparation and response efforts in the United States and across the globe.
“CLF is supporting on-the-ground partners working on the frontlines of disaster response especially those focused on protecting and serving marginalized communities – helping the most vulnerable in the United States, the Caribbean and in Africa prepare for what is to come,” the foundation said in a statement.
“Never has it been more important or urgent to protect and prepare marginalized and underserved communities–those who will be hit hardest by this pandemic,” said Justine Lucas, Executive Director of the Clara Lionel Foundation.
The contribution will benefit Direct Relief, Partners In Health, Feeding America, the International Rescue Committee and World Health Organization’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, among others.
In addition, Rihanna and the Clara Lionel Foundation hope to help local food banks serving at-risk communities and the elderly in the U.S, accelerate testing and care in countries like Haiti and Malawi, provide protective equipment for frontline health workers and diagnostic labs and bolster the development of vaccines and other therapies around the world.
Abuja Records One New Case Of Coronavirus, Bringing Total Number To 27

One new case of the COVID19 has been confirmed in the Federal Capital Territory.
This was confirmed by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) on Sunday, March 22.  According to the NCDC’s report via Twitter, Nigeria as at 11:00am on the 22nd of March, now has 27 confirmed cases of #COVID19 .
While the 27th case has been confirmed the NCDC also noted that two persons of the number recorded have discharged.
As at the time of the report, there have been no death recorded with regards to the virus. 

Mar 21, 2020

Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz dies after contracting Coronavirus
   
Former Real Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz has died at the age of 76, just days after being hospitalised with coronavirus-like symptoms.
Fernando Sanz, Lorenzo's son, said on Wednesday that he had been admitted to hospital after a period of ill health, but has now confirmed that he sadly passed away on Saturday.
"My father has just died. He did not deserve this ending and in this way," Fernando Sanz wrote on Twitter. "One of the kindest, bravest, and hardworking people I've ever seen is leaving. 
"His family and Real Madrid were his passion. My mother and my brothers have enjoyed all their moments with pride."
A La Liga statement read: "The thoughts of everybody La Liga go out to our colleague Fernando Sanz and his family following the death of Lorenzo Sanz, who many of us have worked with and shared friendship.
"La Liga expresses its sincerest condolences for the loss, particular towards Real Madrid, where Sanz spent many years as president.”
Sanz was in charge of Real Madrid for five years from 1995 until 2000, having spent the previous decade as a director.
His tenure saw Los Blancos re-establish themselves as one of the world's biggest and influential football clubs. 
They ended a 32-year wait for European Cup success with victory over Juventus in 1998 before following it up with another triumph in 2000 - the eighth time they had lifted the famous trophy.
However, just two months after that success, Sanz lost the presidential election to Florentino Perez, who had highlighted the financial problems at the club despite their on-field triumphs.
He ran for presidency on two more occasions but was unsuccessful, losing to Perez again in 2004 and Ramon Calderon in 2006.
He bought Spanish side Malaga later that year, before selling the club to Qatari businessman sheikh Abdullah ben Nasser Al Thani in 2010.
The Covid-19 pandemic has caused a crisis over the globe, with Spain one of the countries worst affected.
On Saturday, Spain reported a further 324 deaths, the highest one-day rise so far, with a total 1,326 people having died in the country since the outbreak.
Karrueche Calls Out People Calling Coronavirus The "Chinese Virus"


  The number of coronavirus cases has topped 218,000 globally and 8,700 in the United States. The disease was first identified in Wuhan, China before spreading across the world.

     While coronavirus apparently originated in the Asian nation, many people are asking that it not be referred to as "The Chinese Virus" or "Kung Flu." There are concerns those phrases are leading to xenophobic attacks against people of Asian descent. 
Actress/model Karrueche Tran is using her Instagram platform to call out discrimination against Asians during the coronavirus pandemic. She wrote, "The coronavirus is not 'The Chinese Virus'! Let's stop instilling more fear and hate. The world is struggling enough as it is. Please stop this!!