Breaking News

.

Feb 3, 2018

Kanye West & Solange Knowles Sued For Allegedly Ripping Off Song “If We Can’t Be Lovers.”






Leroy Mitchell, also known as Prince Phillip Mitchell, wrote “If We Can’t Be Lovers” in 1970. 


He claims his work was extensively sampled on Solange’s song, “F*** the Industry” and Kanye’s song, “Everything I Am” without his permission.



The lawsuit seeks damages and wants Kanye and Solange to stop performing the songs and to put a halt to radio play as well.
 Chuck Norris Sues CBS & Sony For $30m



Top Kick Productions, Chuck Norris’s company, is going after CBS and Sony Pictures for allegedly cheating him out of his share of the streaming VOD revenue … according to new legal docs. The issue revolves around an alleged 23 percent cut of profits CBS agreed to give Chuck in 1993, which he claims he hasn’t received from the on-demand revenue.

The Veteran actor, who appeared in “Walker, Texas Ranger,” now claims he’s getting screwed out of some serious profits from the shows video-on-demand money.








According to the suit … CBS and Sony have conspired to promote ‘Walker’ more through on-demand services and less on TV and DVD to avoid paying him his share, and he hasn’t seen a dime of his profits from S-VOD since 2004.

Chuck’s company is suing for breach of contract and shady dealing and wants at least $30 mil to make it right.

May 13, 2012

Third Man Accuses John Travolta Of Sexual Misconduct,Lawyer Debunks Claim

       John Travolta's lawyer on Friday hit back at "ridiculous" new claims of sexual advances leveled at the actor by a third man, as a first accuser backtracked on the date of an alleged Beverly Hills incident.
      Cruise ship worker Fabian Zanzi claimed on a Chilean TV show, "Primer Plano," that the Hollywood star offered him $12,000 to have sex while on a cruise in 2009."He said that he had something on his neck. I thought it was lint.When he got close to me, he took off his white robe and he was naked," "He hugged me and asked me to give him a massage."Zanzi explained .
     It was unclear whether Zanzi had filed a legal action against Travolta, who is already the subject of a sexual assault lawsuit by two unidentified masseurs in Los Angeles. 
      "This is just another ridiculous claim by someone hopping on the bandwagon to get his 15 minutes of fame with a story about something that supposedly happened over three years ago," Travolta's lawyer Martin Singer said in a statement on Friday. "At that time Zanzi's supervisors did not believe him, confined him to his cabin and subsequently fired him, according to media reports. 
      "Significantly, we never heard of this guy before. The fact that we are only hearing about him now through tabloid gossip stories three years later speaks volumes," Singer added.  
      Meanwhile, the masseur known as John Doe No. 1 who filed the first sexual assault lawsuit against Travolta last week was reported on Friday to have admitted that he got the date wrong of his alleged, unwanted encounter with the actor at the Beverly Hills Hotel. 
       Travolta's lawyers have insisted that the two-time Oscar nominee, who has been married for 20 years to actress Kelly Preston, was in New York City on the day of the alleged incident in California. A restaurant receipt and photos have appeared on celebrity websites to bolster their claims.
         The lawyer for John Doe No. 1 on Friday, told Reuters  that he no longer represented the masseur. A second masseur, also unidentified, joined the $2 million lawsuit this week, claiming Travolta had touched his genitals and approached him for sex at an Atlanta hotel on January 28. Travolta's lawyer  has called all the claims absurd, ridiculous and fictional.

Mar 22, 2012

Rapper DMX Sued For $630,000 Over Failed Comeback Tour

     Rapper DMX is being sued for $630,000 by a booking agency which claims X's legal problems destroyed a lucrative international comeback tour
     According to TMZ ,the booking agency called Heavy rotation f filed the lawsuit in New York, claiming it struck an exclusive year-long deal with DMX in 2011 to book the rapper's concerts  anywhere on the planet,but DMX was plagued with legal problems from the start a traffic violation in August, and two nasty child support disputes which led to a lien on the rapper's passport, preventing him from performing overseas.

    Heavy Rotation tried to fix the legal issues spending  nearly a $100,000 to cover bail, child support, and a slew of other legal bills hoping it would clear the way for the tour, a task that included lifting the lien on X's passport. 
    But HR claims its efforts were in vain because DMX continued to cause problems, hiring outside management that tried to book DMX on shows within the United States  violating X's agreement with HR. On top of that, X couldn't resolve his passport issues and all concerts had to be canceled.  
     X's manager Jason tells a different story  claiming DMX chose to severe all ties with HR after it put the rapper at risk with some unsavory business practices. Still, HR claims it lost $749,285 on the deal gone bad and it wants the money back.

Mar 3, 2012

Kardashian Sisters Sued For  $5 million Over QuickTrim Diet Pills

kardashian sisters

   Reality TV star Kim Kardashian and her sisters khloe and kourtney have been slapped with a $5 million lawsuit alleging they and the makers of QuickTrim diet pills falsely touted the product's effectiveness for losing weight.
    The proposed class action lawsuit takes aim at the sisters' endorsement deal with the weight loss company. It was filed on Thursday in federal court in New York on behalf of four plaintiffs who used the product.
   The plaintiffs, who live in New York, California and Florida, stated in their lawsuit that the claims made by QuickTrim and by the Kardashians marketing it were "false, misleading, and unsubstantiated."
   They added there was "no competent and reliable scientific evidence supporting any of these claims."
  The main ingredient in the pills is a large dose of caffeine, mixed with herbal ingredients never clinically proven as effective, the lawsuit stated.
  The lawsuit, which was filed by the law firm of Bursor & Fisher, must be certified by a judge as a class action complaint before it can cover a wider field of consumers than the four plaintiffs. The suit seeks over $5 million in damages.
   This is not the first time the stars of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" on cable network E! have been at the center of litigation over their marketing endorsements.

Feb 9, 2012

Late Rapper Nate Dogg's Estate Sued For Not Paying Medical Bills

      Late rapper Nate Dogg's estate is being sued  for hundreds of thousand of dollars medical bills that were never paid .
   TMZ Reports after Nate suffered his 2nd stroke in 2008, he moved in to a CareMeridian treatment facility in Orange County ,a place dedicated to rehabbing and caring for patients who suffer from catastrophic injuries. 
    In legal papers obtained it was  claimed the singer received more than $290,000 in medical treatment from 2008 until 2010 and one of Nate's managers, David Michery, personally guaranteed the facility would get paid but the money is yet to be paid even after Nate died in March 2011 .
   The court has entered a default judgment against Nate's camp to shell out $293,512.52.
   Nate Dogg born Nathaniel hale died March 15,2011 after suffering stroke twice.